Monday, February 26, 2018

le tote et moi



A couple weeks ago I saw an ad on Facebook for this subscription service called Le Tote where you get 4 clothing items that you rent, wear them as much as you want, then send them back for 4 different items. It was marketed as a solution to the problem of buying a ton of clothes that you never wear and saving money each month on clothes. I thought I'd give it a whirl for a month, and when the first box arrived I decided to do a little unboxing video!



After I was done filming (eek!) I tried everything on. The yellow dress was way too big and the Yumi dress was too snug on the hips (sad face!!) The mint green one fit well and it looked pretty cute. I LOVE the blue sweater (I'm wearing it in the photo above) and when I sent back my tote I decided to keep it.

I already paid for a whole month of the service so I'm going to order stuff, see if I like it, possibly wear it, and send it back as many times as possible before the month is up, and then I'll cancel. The selection isn't very extensive so it's harder for me to find enough stuff to fill up multiple boxes. Most of the clothes are very neutral, business-casual, and traditional. In other words, not really my style. I think if there was a fun Modcloth/ASOS/Unique Vintage version of this box I would be ALL IN. But for someone who doesn't really find much to love in most regular retail shops, the pickings in Le Tote are slim. I picked out four more items for the tote that's in the mail on its way to me now, but honestly unless they add more between now and the next time I'd be ordering another tote, there wasn't really anything left on the site that I'd want to try out.

Aside from the selection though, I do think this is a good idea and I'm glad I gave it a try. The package came in the mail really fast, and they send your new tote once the return is scanned in at the post office... they don't even wait until they receive it. So the time between totes is minimal.

My only real complaints are the selection (which shouldn't be an issue if you like the style they offer!) and that you can't view their catalog until you sign up for a paid account. Honestly my curiosity got the best of me and I paid the monthly fee before I even saw what they had to offer. If I had seen it first I definitely wouldn't have signed up.

I guess the real moral of the story here is that I'm horribly susceptible to facebook advertisements.


sweater - cece | pink pants - asos | shoes - bait footwear | wig - keke wigs