Friday, November 13, 2015

sail away



Time is such a funny thing. It seems like just yesterday that I was packing for my trip, dreading waking up at quarter to five in the morning to catch my flight. Now I've already been home for a week and my vacation is only a memory. And I'd give anything to be preparing for a sleepless night and early flight.

These photos were taken when we docked at Disney's Castaway Cay. I'm not even going to try to describe how pretty it is there, but suffice to say my photos don't begin to do it justice. I don't think even the most expensive camera could capture this kind of beauty. And humans haven't invented technology yet that would let you feel the breeze and the warm glow of the sun (although I'm tempted to turn on my oscillating fan just for effect.)

I found this cute vintage sweater a week or so before the trip and I thought it was so perfect! I'm not usually very good at packing for trips, I always choose things that are wildly inappropriate for the weather or they aren't comfortable enough, etc. but I think I did really good this time around.

Now I'm off to play catch-up on the work that piled up while I was away! Thanks a million to everyone who took me up on the postcard sale offer! I'm hoping to have everything shipped by Monday. And my parents just got the postcard I sent them, so hopefully everyone's cards should be arriving now! I hope you like them!




sweater - vintage | shorts - asos | shoes - bait footwear | sunglasses - ebay