Wednesday, September 10, 2014

fangirl



This weekend Casey came to visit and we went to the Supernatural convention in Whippany, NJ. She had to catch a super early flight (we had to be at the airport around 4am) and I had to wake up way too early for the drive to Whippany each day, so I've pretty much spent the last two days napping and trying to catch up on lost sleep, lol. But it was so worth it!

I'm not obsessive about Supernatural the way I am about some other shows (cough, X-Files and The Office, cough) but I really do love it and I'm completely enamored with Misha Collins, who plays Castiel on the show. He also started Gishwhes (The greatest international scavenger hunt the world has ever seen) which I participated in last year (I was on vacation & couldn't participate this year, sadness!) At first glance it just seems like a fun event but it's really so much more than that. It spreads kindness and helps shy people (raises hand!) to break out of their shells a bit. His work with Gishwhes and Random Acts of Kindness was one of the main inspirations behind my kindness giveaway series this year.



I love his kind heart & quirky, brilliant mind but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I've also got a pretty big crush on the outside of his body, too. Like, so much so that I was a big heap of awkward shyness when I got to meet him. On Saturday he did autographs and when it was my turn I couldn't even look at him, I was just staring at the table in front of me. I had all these ideas beforehand about what I'd say, how I'd thank him for being such a huge inspiration, blah blah blah. Nope. I just stood there sweating and then walked away.



On Sunday he did photo-ops. This time I didn't have a table to look at so I think I just stared at his neck. Seriously, I could not look at his face and make eye contact, I was just way too nervous. I did, however, look at him when other people were getting their photos taken, and DEAR GOD he is even more beautiful in person. I think maybe if I had looked directly at him when I got close my head might have exploded.

Anyway, eventually it was my turn to get a photo and I somehow managed to maintain a teeny tiny amount of composure and then whimpered "thank you" and walked away. At least I have a photo to prove it happened because it definitely feels like a dream (yup, even in my dreams I'm too shy to talk to or even look at the men I'm crushing on. MY DREAMS ARE THE WORST.) Also, when we walked into the photo-op room they were blasting Joy Division which makes it even MORE likely that I was dreaming, because I'm pretty sure if I dreamed about getting a photo with someone I really like, Joy Division would be the soundtrack.



Me and Casey were kind of excited about the whole thing, haha.


dress- asos | shoes - asos | castiel pin - arts daughter | bag - modcloth