Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hey, Red!


I'm officially a redhead as of last night! woo hoo! Everyone is always telling me how pale I am (This happens almost weekly: "Hi Grandmom, how are you!?" ... "You look so pale, Katie." .... "Thanks Grandmom.") so I thought it was about time I had a hair color that matched my skin better. The dark brown always seemed to amplify the fact that I rarely saw the light of day.

I tried dying it Sunday, but didn't realize that you can't just dye light red over dark brown and hope everything turns out hotsy totsy. I ended up with hot red roots and dark red bottoms! It was pretty awful. So I got a hair color removal kit, and tried again yesterday. There's still a teeny bit of brown peeking through on my sides, but I'm just going to let that grow out now. I pull my hair back most of the time anyway, so it shouldn't bother me too much :)

This is the first time I've ever dyed my hair red and I'm pretty happy with it! I've been blonde, dark purple and all shades of brown but red is new! I think I'll stick with it for a while :) And maybe I'll upload a blonde picture just to embarrass myself ;-D